Links To Other Websites
Our website contains links to other external websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website and the existence of a link does not signify that we endorse the website(s). Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
This website and its content is copyright of the Careers England 2017 and Netcoda Limited – all rights reserved. Reproduction of this website’s design, layout, look, appearance and graphics is prohibited.
If you wish to make a complaint about any Careers England services then please contact us
The Careers England website complies with all data protection legislation currently in force.
When you sign up to participate in services provided by the Careers England, we will ask for the minimum information appropriate to fulfil such requests, and therefore different web pages within this site may ask for different personal information.
Where you have given us information we will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (eg. to government bodies and law enforcement agencies to assist in the detection of criminal acts) and we will only use your information within the Careers England website to prepare services on your behalf.
We will not sell, distribute or lease any personal information or e-mail addresses that you provide through our website to any third parties.
Under the EU Cookie Directive we are required by Law to fully describe Cookies and their use within this website – where applicable, and to request your consent to their use. Therefore, where cookies ARE in use within this website, you will be presented with a request for acceptance on first visit, and will be prompted each time should you decline consent:
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are small files that allow a website to recognise and track users. There are three types of Cookies related to Privacy Issues and as identified by the ICO
- Session CookiesThese are files that allow a site to link the actions of a visitor during a single browser session – most typically those used in internet banking or webmail services. These cookies are not stored long term and are considered “less privacy intrusive” than persistent cookies. They “die” with the end of the browser session.
- Persistent CookiesThese are files that remain on the user’s device (be that laptop, mobile, gaming device etc.) between browser sessions and allow one or several sites to remember details about you, and are most commonly used by online shops to target advertising and greetings towards you, or to avoid you having to provide a password each website visit.
- First and Third-party CookiesA first-party cookie is one set by this website.A third-party cookie is one issued by a different server to this website and could be triggered by a hyperlink to that site or a banner advert within this site.Use of first party Cookies in this website for the purpose of Analytics – this website uses Google Analytics for the purposes of improving the site’s performance and content for everyone. Specifically, Google Analytics is completely anonymous and simply allows us to evaluate, for example:
- What are the most popular pages on my site?
- What pages don’t visitors appear to like?
- What browsers are my visitors using?
- What days or times bring the most visits?
Google Analytics currently sets 4 cookies with the following lifespans – a session cookie, a 24hr cookie, a 6mth cookie and a 2 year cookie.
This information is not shared with anyone other than Netcoda Limited – for the purpose of maintaining the site’s accessibility and performance, and the website owner – for the purpose of assessing and enhancing page content and website usability for their customers’ benefit.
Please note – if you subsequently do not wish to accept cookies from this website then you will need to delete the stored cookies from within your browser options settings.
Collection of Data
- We may collect the following information: a) Name, b) Contact information including email address and telephone number, c) Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- We only collect data that is provided to us by members upon signing up
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you in order to improve the service and marketing that you receive from Careers England.
Use of Data
The lawful basis for collecting and using the personal data will depend on the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal data from you only:
- Where we have your consent to do so;
- Where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights;
- Where you have joined Careers England, subscribed to receive mailings or had an email exchange with us, we are relying on the lawful basis of consent.
We will use the personal data you have provided to us to send you email alerts and gather feedback to improve our email alerts. We may also occasionally contact you to improve our service.
Details about the lawful bases for processing personal data can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website. (https://ico.org.uk/)
It is our policy not to share your information with third parties, with the exception of our professional website provider; Netcoda, who will access member data to create logins and when errors occur within the system that requires their review and action.
Any data stored with us undergoes a rigorous security process, both physical and digital, to ensure maximum safety and protection. No third parties will ever gain access to any of your submitted data, and we do not sell or trade member data for the purposes of marketing with other companies. Any third party marketing is done exclusively through Careers England and its own inherent systems.